Outboard motors

Nate

Guest Crafty 1
Off topic, but somewhat related - Any suggestions on where to get my 8hp yamaha serviced/repaired?

You could do it yourself.

If you google Yammy 8 manual you can down load the spec's.

Then there are good forums that run you through it too. :thumbup:

2 Plugs (gapped), Oil in Bottom leg, New water pump impellor and grease all moving parts, clean or replace air filter, can all be done in 1.5 hours. (impellor is about $50-60 from Yammy dealer)

Impellor is just 4 bottom leg bolts 4 impellor case bolts and pull out the old one and replace (make sure you put it in the right way!) with a little grease. 20 minute job max!

Guest Crafty 1
only one cylinder is firing, suspect one of the magic black boxes is playing up.

Otherwise good suggestion.

I presume you have checked the spark plug is 'sparking" if not swap over plugs, re start, and this will eliminate the plug / Black box.

only one cylinder is firing, suspect one of the magic black boxes is playing up.

I presume you have checked the spark plug is 'sparking" if not swap over plugs, re start, and this will eliminate the plug / Black box.

Yup. tried all that on the boat. New spark plug etc.

Guest Crafty 1

Yup. tried all that on the boat. New spark plug etc.

Black Box it is then :thumbup:

Sounds like you are having the same issues I did a season or 2 back. Did this, did that and finally a new (2nd hand) black box made it all go away.

Off topic, but somewhat related - Any suggestions on where to get my 8hp yamaha serviced/repaired?

I have always used rogers boat shop up in albany.

They seem to know their stuff and have always been quite helpfull.

Guest Crafty 1
I just brought a new 8HP Yammy from Bensemanns - they serviced my old 9.9 and have been pretty good to deal with.

Whats a new yammy 8hp worth now days?

Archived