Cleaning sails

Don't use the gone in 30seconds as the Chlorine will damage the stiching.

Sailmakers should be able to supply you the proper detergent. I have used that and I have also used Nappisan and I suspect they are the same thing, but the sail one has no nice smell.

Lay the sail out and wet down with the hose. Then sprinkle the nappisan on good and thick. Brush around with the broom so it is all over evenly. Then roll the sail up wet and and leave it for 24hrs. Then roll out again and wash off.

Guest Crafty 1
UV is a natural disperser of mould etc ,so..........clearly you aint been out sailing enough, do so and it will go away

Also go sailing with them, get salt water all over them and don't wash them.

Mould does not survive in salt water.

Washing with fresh water and then storing undried is the best way for mould to grow.

UV is a natural disperser of mould etc ,so..........clearly you aint been out sailing enough, do so and it will go away

Washing with fresh water and then storing undried is the best way for mould to grow.

Yup I second that, a good done of salt water and some sun will do wonders! Otherwize as wheels said napysan works well.

Yup I second that, a good dose of salt water and some sun will do wonders! Otherwize as wheels said napysan works well.

Archived