I've changed my mind about sailing to Texas

geeze...900hp? Too much.... Two would of been better for it... That third engine would just slow you down...

Im not liking that gun that will be locked onto to you :sick:

geeze...900hp? Too much.... Two would of been better for it... That third engine would just slow you down...

"203" The gun is not the problem nor the amo - it is the GUY that's got his finger on the trigger that is the biggest problem & the whole place has millions of those type of people (all with guns). We should all stay in NZ & OZ !!!!!

Squidley - Why would you ever want to go to Texas?? Compared to the USA - NZ is 'heaven' & a yachty paradise. Why do you think I moved to OZ 50+ years ago. Ciao, james

Got some family who have just moved from Ft Lauderdale to Houston. It used to be that when we visited the in laws i could tootle off to the marinas and happily waste a lot of time and maybe pick up the odd ride. I thought with the move to Texas I could use it as an excuse to do an event called the Texas 200 that appeals. But not if that thing is out there "protecting" me.

http://texas200.com/

Don't know where the THP plans to use the boat, I would hope not on Galveston Bay. That's usually USCG territory and they carry much bigger guns. Feel free to wander down to Seabrook and check out the boats.

Sorry, I'm in the Pacific Northwest, Washington State. I do get to Texas once or twice a year, though usually to Austin. Gouvernail from Sailing Anarchy would tell you they have a great sailing program on Lake Travis through the Austin Yacht Club. They've certainly been hospitable to me.

My last trip to Houston that included sailing was several years ago. The people I knew were based in the Seabrook/Kemah area. Check the Houston Yacht Club web site or check with UK-Halsey sails in Kemah. Being Texans, they'll do their best to impress you with their Southern hospitality.

Thanks for that, we have just started talking about the trip (it's for a 90th birthday) so I'm at the research stage.

BTW - you are in one of the prettiest areas I've ever sailed in. Do you know Doug Christie up there?

I know who Doug is, but I don't recall we've met. I'm father south, in Olympia; I can see the southernmost point of Puget Sound from my window. Last I heard, Doug's about 200 km to the north.

I do agree we live in almost Godzone compared to what we've seen of NZ (most of it except south of Queenstown) over several visits. Zoe showed us an example of Kiwi hospitality on one of our visits, shouting a round at the Squaddie and arranging for us to go out on a rum race. We'll be back in the next year or so. Days like today, with 12" of snow on the ground, make us wish we were in your summer.

Days like today, with 12" of snow on the ground, make us wish we were in your summer.

That's alright mate, days like this, with persistent drizzly rain, make us wish we were in our summer too. ;)

Guest Crafty 1

"203" The gun is not the problem nor the amo - it is the GUY that's got his finger on the trigger that is the biggest problem & the whole place has millions of those type of people (all with guns). We should all stay in NZ & OZ !!!!!

Squidley - Why would you ever want to go to Texas?? Compared to the USA - NZ is 'heaven' & a yachty paradise. Why do you think I moved to OZ 50+ years ago. Ciao, james

Well "Ciao james" why did you go to Aussie. :wtf: :?: :roll:

I must say i am pleased you did.

Hola??!... Mejas (james re arranged)

Archived