Worlds fastest mono in design stage?...

Guest Crafty 1

Notwithstanding the many and varied delusions in AA's life, on this one occasion he's probably right, at least about this project.

The Designer (Murnikov) designed the Maxi Fazisi for the 89 Whitbread and if you read the SpeedDream blurbal you'd believe it all but won. Definitely not what I seem to recollect which tends to make me put everything else they claim in the same bucket.

And I stick by that... Tell ya what Crafty, if it turns out to be as fast as a multi, you can say you told me so and I'll publicly acknowledge your superior knowledge about the speed of monos vs multi's. But in the meantime I won't be spending any time preparing it! :lol:

now that looks cool! hows about a wave piercing 16 foot skiff? i've spent alot of time trying to come up with a design that looks like it could work, absolutely no idea though cause my cad programe is a pencil and my brain.

I'd say this mono is probably quicker than any similar size multi. :)

Some great videos on YouTube from last years worlds or Australian championships on Lake Macquarie.

Lots of wind, plenty of chop made for some wicked nose dives.

The Moth may be quick but it is not the best in waves.

Guest Crafty 1
And I stick by that... Tell ya what Crafty, if it turns out to be as fast as a multi, you can say you told me so and I'll publicly acknowledge your superior knowledge about the speed of monos vs multi's. But in the meantime I won't be spending any time preparing it! :lol:

Fair enough. I am sceptical too! and favour a moth type design which has the minimal amount of boat in the water / friction / weight.

Guest Crafty 1
I'd say this mono is probably quicker than any similar size multi. :)

yip a 60 foot version of that could give the multi's a big fright!!

Don't tell those :crazy: 's in the multi forum though!

Archived