Govt intervention

I've had a very similar thing happen to me here. The thieving bastards wanted $40K odd off me as they said we did some thing we didn't. Took 4 months to clear it up and the threats coming from the Govt Dept were getting very heated.... and the costs they were trying to load on for non-payment etc were rising at about $500 a day. But I won, I used the very legislation they were going me with against them. I must admit it was rather good fun but then I knew I was right and they weren't.

It probably happens a lot here also to varying degrees as the US Govt is knot much more fucked up than the NZ Govt is.

Muldoon's what now?

I noticed this thin in Tennessee also. It's unbelievable.

Basically they're looking to tax you if you achieve anything. In their eyes, anything you do to enhance your life should be taxed. Won't be long before they start taxing folk the sales tax, VAT or whatever they should have paid on their home-made diner had they bought it at a restaurant.

It's called an application of authority outside it's natural limit.

Sure, tax needs to be paid, it's unavoidable. But people also have a right to not be unfairly or overtaxed. The determination of what should and shouldn't be taxed needs a carefully and clearly defined limit. As prostitution is legal in NZ and many other countries, the extension of this VAT example above to shagging your lover is only a natural progression.

This also is a situation of the determination of tax burden being outsourced to a private company which is an effective (and unconstitutional) application of liberian anarchism.

It's privatization of a public concern and its ultimate outcome is the modern establishment of monarchism.

As a further point,

It's interesting that by the Tennessee approach, if you sell something you own privately, for more than you paid for it or it's constituent parts, then you should pay a value added tax.

In this case you should also be able to sell your old crap for almost nothing, and claim the tax rebate because you made a loss....

The responsibility we must bear and the price we pay for Democracy is that we are ever vigilant to ensure that the Lions who protect us don't devour us.

We ignore politics at our own peril.

(Major thread drift)

LOL - I knew someone with that motto too.

Died of a heart attack at 51

You need some sleep, and I often catch a power nap in the day. Seeing as I must go check on the boat after all this rain, I may have a nap there once I feel the gentle rocking . . .

Archived