shiny new superyacht gets that sinking feeling...

sailing yacht or motor yacht... still significant and a bit sad (for me anyway).

two port side rafts are visible and not deployed -they would have been hard to launch due to the heel? There are at least two in the water seen in the dailymail.co.uk pics -guessing they are the stbd ones.

Exhaust baffle problems i'm told. Had just undergone a warranty period in the Proteksan yard in Turkey.

Initial problem occured at 12.30am and the boat when down at 7.30am. The Turkish yard has already pointed the figure at the crew, however knowing at least on of the crew personally and the engineer by reputation, combined with the Turks "renowned build quality", I know where my suspicions lie...

oh. I thought it was a yacht sinking.

Its only an over sized fizz boat.

Given the potential for damage to the environment from a fizz boat versus a yacht, I'd still be concerned. Although at that size, it does become somewhat academic.

Guest mental outlook

Yep I'd say that is fairly windy and they are fairly large waves. That is a 60m motoryacht, not a 35ft keelboat. I have worked on a bunch of Supershitters and I would not want to be in their situation. Good to hear they are all okay... others have not been so lucky.

post-1-141887196433.png

Archived