small boats in a big city

madyottie

Hi all, just a quick reminder to all those dinghy sailors that call the Waitemata home, that the Manukau harbour also has a lot of action happening. Five active clubs, evenly spaced around the harbour, race whenever the tide is right.

so...

If your club has nothing on, google "manukau sailing" and find out what's on "out west".

And of course all are welcome to join the annual Manukau regatta, hosted this year by Weymouth Yacht Club, over Easter weekend.

Weymouth is now under new leadership, find them on the internet if you want to know more.

Ummmm.... Manly sailors sail whenever they feel like it, not just when the tide is right! :thumbup:

well, feel free to bring your landyacht! or perhaps kiteboard, as long as you can get big air!

More like when the wind is right :sick:

Bro... that's just the GIRLy sailors. MANly sailors sail in anything. :wave:

^madyottie: Manakau is a bit of a hike for us just to do a club day. Would be interested if it was a big regatta, but our Nationals are at Easter and I'm not even going to be in the country....

Shhh Madyottie I don't think we want too many people to know about the Manukau, do we? It'll get too busy.

I keep myself busy with French Bay, and right now I am sitting at my desk looking past Paturoa Bay to Cornwallis Beach and the Heads... it's absolutely beautiful, and great to see other clubs out there pushing their cause and using the water too.

yeah I popped out to FBYC on Saturday, and saw a few inverted starlings. From all accounts Sunday was a whole lot busier, sadly i had commitments so couldn't attend. Looks like a really nice place to sail.

Next year try not to clash with the RSA at panmure, as that's 20-30 lasers that can't be in two places at once. especially when they're only just up the road. Rumour has it they'll be joining us for easter weekend.

Bring it on, the more the merrier I say!

Easter's nearly here!

Manukau regatta saturday and sunday of easter.

Weymouth Yacht Club.

Registration from 8am.

Briefing at 9am.

First warning signal at 0930.

All dinghies and trailer yachts welcome

Archived