So who's watching

Fogg

So who's going to be on the water watching the races on Fri/Sat/Sun?

And where?

As an aside, as a temporary visitor to Westhaven for a few days I was impressed with the customer service to receive the following informative email:

Dear Westhaven Customer

This email includes very important information if you intend joining the Volvo races out on the harbour next week.

Be aware that both entrances to Westhaven Marina will be closed by the Harbourmaster as the race yachts pass the area. So we recommend you leave the Marina and anchor early so you are not disrupted leaving the Marina.

Possible disruption times are on Saturday and Sunday between 1:30pm and 3:00pm.

Races will be held on Waitemata Harbour on the following days:

Friday, 16th March from 1200 hrs to 1500 hrs

Saturday, 17th March from 1400 hrs to 1500 hrs

Sunday, 18th March from 1400 hrs to 1445 hrs

There will be further restrictions around the use of the harbour which are outlined in the attached instruction plans issued by the Harbourmaster.

Back on land, we expect a large number of spectators on the Northern side of Westhaven Marina.

On race days, only vehicles with valid Westhaven Parking Permits will be able to access and park on the Northern side of the marina. Staff will be positioned at the roundabout next to the Ponsonby Cruising Club to manage the car park.

We hope you will enjoy the upcoming event – it has been a while since the last stop-over.

Kind regards

The Team at Westhaven Marina

We will be out most days, not sure where on the course tho, will decide 'where' on the day based on weather and available parking options.

See you out there.

Trying to decide whether to watch from the boat ..or the shore... could be not quite so enjoyable for the skipper with the number of boats likely to be out there :crazy: :lol:

Trying to decide whether to watch from the boat ..or the shore... could be not quite so enjoyable for the skipper with the number of boats likely to be out there :crazy: :lol:

I agree. I think it's gonna be an absolute nightmare out there. I think everyone should stay safely on shore. :P

I agree. I think it's gonna be an absolute nightmare out there. I think everyone should stay safely on shore. :P

:lol: :lol: (Do you think it will work AC) :clap:

Might see you out there AC. In the meantime I have posted your kind offer and mobile number on the Gay pride website.

EE

They've already got it mate. Sorry, darling.

Archived