Westhaven Marina Bookings

Battleship

I pay my monthly berthing fee at GH via AP. Not that I'm paranoid about D/Ds but it leaves me in control i.e. with an AP you 'push' a fixed amount of money out to the recipient who doesn't need your bank details as opposed to a D/D where the recipient 'pulls' the money from your account and can change the amount each time.

I get told a lot I must do DD's. The which I reply, No way, see you I'm off elsewhere. Every single time they fold.

Had a Govt, which is the only one I've let have a DD as I'm in the old system not their new one which sux, take 24K out one day instead of 2.4K. Luckily it was a Govt Dept scared of being embarrassed so they returned it all inside 48hrs.

I have no idea how I pay for my marina. An old school Cheque I think.

Well so far 4 phone calls 2 emails and no booking yet :thumbdown: stay tuned this new system is awesome, :thumbdown: what happened to the lovely ladies who used to work there that got the booking done after a 40 second phone call?

I use DD for all my bills

Never had a problem and it sure gets rid of the hassle of paying bills.

What I don't like is the new debit card (risk of someone emptying your account) - got rid of it and went back to eftpos and a credit card (which I use rarely)

I use DD for all my bills

Never had a problem and it sure gets rid of the hassle of paying bills.

What I don't like is the new debit card (risk of someone emptying your account) - got rid of it and went back to eftpos and a credit card (which I use rarely)

I dont worry about my debit card as if someone steels it then they will only get $50 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am unwilling to use DD unless it is someone who has a good reputation.

Just got this from a mate of mine whose boat is up in AKL for AKL-TGA race...

Good to see our council showing some humanity.. more paper pushes, pushing more paper... what a joke

Westhaven are abit difficult.

We had to pay for two weeks instead the days we were actually in the berth. This is because we booked for two weeks but when we had to change this, we didn’t give them 7 days notice (only 3).

We delayed sailing up because we were worried about containers that fell of the damm boat 3 days before heading up to Auckland and the wind direction made it a bit dangerous to travel.

They rang yesterday to say that if we wanted to stay longer we could only stay to the 12th. I said to them this may have to happen as the weather and Rena could cause the race to be cancelled.

Today I phoned to say race cancelled and would ring tomorrow with the plans of when we will be getting the boat home.

We may have to move as they had booked someone on the 12th which is mid week and if we don’t come up this weekend it will be the next weekend.

Not a problem to move boat, we can get someone in Auckland to move for us.

They told me that if I booked to the 12th now and then left this weekend to was out of the 30 day termination period and that we would have to pay 30 days

He was prepared to waive this this time around…………..

What a flaming joke. I told them they need to look at this short term occupancy thing esp for us poor race boat owners that come up to race in Auckland. We have never ( and dif not in our two marinas in Tga) had this sort of bullshit before.

So I have booked for tomorrow and will ring them with our plans so another contract can be drawn up, pay those days and if we go earlier again no refund.

Told them also that be prepared for another 12 phone calls simular to mine as there are a few of us in this same situation………………..

Archived