ACWS Scoring

Totally agree.

If you get 4 bullets you get 4x10pts right, but if you take the last race you get 50? wtf?

Didn't the super points race actually happen on the 2nd or 3rd day, just in case they couldn't hold it on the last day or if they had to cancel some racing... wasn't it the same day of the incredibly shifty & light breeze where ETNZ got a 7th then 1st?

If was glossed over on the news/highlights shows too, and where the hell was the match racing?

The quality of output this time round has fallen, but I'll still watch em go round the track.

Also noticed they hardly mentioned that Paul Campbell James (?) is a bit of a Extreme 40 veteran.

Wander if Dalts will break the rules and have a rant at the AC organisers...

Don't get me wrong the sailing and boats are awesome, but it’s ridiculous that the first 6 races are worth a total of 60 points and the last one worth 50, it would be fine to have bonus points for the last race but 5 x as important as the other races it is just pure American crap,

Welcome to the facebook generation where the target audience doesn't have a memory span long enough to recall that there were any previous races, they get confused if the winner of the last race doesn't win.

I think the scoring system is BS but I kind of hope that Dalton keeps his thoughts to himself. All parties knew the rules B4 the start. The sailors will know the real story anyway and we don't want to be known as a nation/team of bitchy whine-ers. After some of his comments about the volvo then we are at risk of that.

The AC 45's don't matter anyway in the long run nor does fleet racing and speed trials; is all just entertainment for now. I thought maybe the Youtube coverage was being scaled back to give the TV stations that are paying for the rights something a bit better but TV one seems exactly the same unfortunately.

Archived