l,hydropetre...

idlerboat

...said it before on this site...will say it again...

l,hydropetere IS the future of sailing.

Exciting....? fast... ? Skilfull....?

OH YEAh....

i DARE any serious sailor to watch any of the vids of any of the boat versions and not want to be crew on "a hot lap" !

This aint no kite board or sail board....Nup...this is a serious boat "flying" at close to 50 knots...

Imagine if you dare how far it will go with the first sign of some serious competition........

Cross ocean passages faster than any powered boat can ever do..

i'm curious to see how it goes in a serious sea state.

It would be fair to say...probably not as fast !!

A Bit like every other boat on the planet.....

Now if it was a car...would we say HHHmmmm I wonder if it would go slower if it was smacking into 5 metre humps...

Not trying to be nasty , but fast things slow down when the conditions dont suit. The thing about le,hydropetere is that they are serious off shore racers. They KNOW what sea state can be. They are trying to build a boat for a non stop circumnavigation speed record.

Only a little bit crazier than the volvo 50 s !!!

I'd buy a version of their 1991 1/3 scale model if they put it into production!

The hobie trifoiler you mean?

Nup. Only want one rig and not the Hobie colour scheme!

i'm curious to see how it goes in a serious sea state.

It would be fair to say...probably not as fast !!

A Bit like every other boat on the planet.....

Now if it was a car...would we say HHHmmmm I wonder if it would go slower if it was smacking into 5 metre humps...

Not trying to be nasty , but fast things slow down when the conditions dont suit. The thing about le,hydropetere is that they are serious off shore racers. They KNOW what sea state can be. They are trying to build a boat for a non stop circumnavigation speed record.

Only a little bit crazier than the volvo 50 s !!!

sure, it could be amazing. but dropping off the foils onto a wave at 40 kt, seems, um, exciting? but given that they want to start doing offshore, i want to see how it goes!

I dont think this is the way forward for sailing as a whole, but will be the new aspect of going insanely fast. This is a big test for the boat as it has not had any offshore experience and when the weather is right it wont take that long to find out how it goes in the rough stuff. Not long to go now before launch date and im looking forward to this record attempt.

Saw some vid of this doing 40 odd knots in 25-30 knots of breeze and a reasonably lumpy sea back in 2007! The problem is it doesn't look lumpy cause the foils are relatively deep and they are just sucking the sea state up.

Since then its gone even faster.... although flat water helps.

Think offshore wouldn't really be a problem you would be going so fast you could skirt or outrun anything too problematic, in fact you probably wouldn't need to go looking for the low pressure systems.... you could just cruise the edge of highs.... that would be pretty civilised :thumbup: .

Not for offshore, you need to be able to reef efficiently.

Gooday there. Yes it was 'W-W' & yes way back then. Alittle bit improved these days but - nothing new - for sure.

Indeed why not a 'reefable wing' - that's not all that hard to figure out or do.

Hey 'ginger' don't give your age away.

Better to watch, listen & learn - cause it's going to happen - if you think-so or not. The break throughs they are pioneering will help change the way we all sail & do it rather sooner than later.

Wish I was over your way to see this WOW machine n Sat evening. Ciao, james

Archived