Olympics

How many sailing medals are we going to get?

Gooady David. WE - is 'crew.org' - probably 8 to 10 - - then NZ - 1 or 2 - - Oz -= lucky to get 1.

Sure hope we do better than all that - - but there sure isn't much coverage - at all - that I can find - except maybe - 'sainling anarchy'.

27 boats sailing at the Ellis Bch - 2 day Regatta her in Far North Queensland (where the F-- is that) - 9 x F-18's - - 6 'A' class - - 1 Tornado - 3 Nacra 350's & & some mono skiffs. Great 1st day - started @ 13 to 18 kts freshened to 18 to 24 kts. There's sailing again today & most of the 'A' class are going up to Lake Tonaroo in the Atherton Tablelands. My car's broke - so can't go - bugger. Fixing cars doesn't = sailing. Ciao, james

I know I've been out of touch with the serious NZ dinghy scene for a bit, but there are only 4 sailors I recognise on the kiwi team.

Serious gold medal prospects must be Andrew Murdoch (unless it's really blowing, in which case Tom Slingsby will probably take it) and J P Tobin.

I expect they'll both be standing on the podium at the end.

Other than that, I have no real idea.

Hard to know - I rate our chances in the breeze, and the forecast looks good for that. The women's 470 / Team Jolly will like it thats for sure.

Interesting to see from the practice day images on sail-world that a few classes are carrying camera gear mounted on the transom, looking forward to some good footage, some late nights coming up later this week!

What are the chances that New Zealand will win any medals in sports that involve standing up? So far rowing, cycling, equestrian and potentially sailing. All sitting.

Archived