Hi all... first post needing help i think?

anthonyh

Hi all , am thinking about buying my first full size yacht (30ft).

However its from Whangarei, I live in Wellington.

i have investigated the road delivery and its cost, now want to investigate arranging a crew and sailing there...

has anyone done this ? any advice...

thanks in advance

get a mooring in akl for a while to get some sailing experience with a few trips on the boat and find out if it is up to the trip back to wellington,fix what needs fixing, then decide. I sailed wellington to Auckland,took 2 weeks with some rough weather and breakages on the way.

Hi all , am thinking about buying my first full size yacht (30ft).

However its from Whangarei, I live in Wellington.

i have investigated the road delivery and its cost, now want to investigate arranging a crew and sailing there...

has anyone done this ? any advice...

thanks in advance

hi there if the yachts up to it and you have the experience it is a good sail just pick your weather patterns carefully i did this trip 2 years ago took us 4 weeks from auckland to nelson owner wanted it down but we had to dodge southerlys the whole way another way would be over the top and down the west coast this is my preferred way as you can stop at new plymouth if weather dodgy if your not confident grab someone experienced to take you can only learn by doing it good sailing

I suggest you contact the owner of Crew.org, known here as Squid or Ogre, via a PM (private message). He is a professional delivery skipper. The first thing he can do for you is take a look over the boat and let you know if it is up for the task (which I am sure it will be) or what maybe required if it is found not to be completely up for the task. Then if you want to take the next step, he will skipper the boat down for you. He is not expensive, (his wife has always said he's cheap :wink: ) and he will teach you lots on the way.

Gee Wheels, Im flattered. Also try clicking the ad to the right for Pinnacle Pacific if you want to go the professional delivery route.

Yes, more detail on the boat would be nice. And timing, when were you wanting to leave.

middle of winter, equinox approaching,...........stick it on a truck, or if you have the time commute till mid february and slowly make you way to say tauranga and truck from there

Hi all thanks for th advice.... i do feel the truck method is by far the best and at a cost less than 3k i think it is still th better option.

my experience would be massivley enhanced but the time from work, and other logistics seem to point the road transport way.

Thans all for the advise and im sure youll hear much more from me .

Archived