How to sell a boat

I guess...once it has got to that state anyway. A bit of basic fixing and cleaning would probably get him a few more dollars out of it but you are right, there's interest and it will sell.

Not sure that his lower-tier "inducement" of a burst inflatable for a price over 5k is going to get things fired up though. :?

Wouldn't it be the top bid of $1030?

doesn't close for two weeks yet. i actually think $1 reserves are a reasonable way to sell boats, at least toward the low end of the market.

It is sold, reserve met, the only question is how much?

Well, he's got his two grand in the bag already - without needing to do any further work on the boat - so that goes to show how wrong I was. :shifty:

Still 12 days to run on the auction too, at this rate he will be a richer man than I am by the end of it. :lol:

The boat was painted a wee while back by a previous owner who had had a couple of Reactors over the years.

Typically a Reactor hull will be in good nick and there won't be much in the way of osmosis etc. There have been a few bought for circa 10k that have been taken home cleaned up and are going to be relaunched soon (hopefully!)

So a far as a project goes, its all doable, the Reactor Association is a fund of Knowledge and help and there is a wealth of racing and cruising opportunities with the association. Good 2nd hand sails are available and with a clean up Im sure you would have a great boat. And no, I m not the vendor.

Archived