Halyard block Sheeves

RedLine

Hi

Anyone know where or who might be able to supply new + a spare masthead main halyard sheeves. As the old one at the top of my 930 is munted and the hole in the middle of the sheeve is worn to probably 2-3 mm oversize.

Could prob get one turned up @ a local enginering outfit in aluminium unless anyone knows where you might source one?

o/s dia 45mm approx, 10mm thick with an M10 hole in the middle.

Cheers

Tony Osman and son.

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing ... n-son-ltd/

He makes them for most of the Spar Makers. And will custom make them.

Fosters chandlery have a few, as do Sailors corner and burnsco, but think they are plastic only there.

Otherwise stop in at any Riggers (Doyles in HMB have a box full of them in various sizes etc from over the years) and so does NZ Rigging in stock too.

Or PM Wolfy and Halls will have them too i would say.

Infact tell me what size it is and i might even have one in my box from my rigging days.

- Marshy

Infact tell me what size it is and i might even have one in my box from my rigging days.

- Marshy

o/s dia 45mm approx, 10mm thick with an M10 hole in the middle.

Cheers

:thumbup: :D

We have a number of sheaves in stock of various sizes.

The reason the centre has flogged out is probably that the centre isn't bushed (or the pin is too small or both).

Our Standard sheaves have CJ bearings in them which are both low friction and hard wearing. Our smallest standard size is 12mm which may actually be a better size for a 930 anyway and would just require the drilling out of the existing pin hole (sounds like it may be flogged a bit anyway, and a new 12mm pin.)

Standard our narrowest sheave is 15mm wide (couldn't find any 10mm thick) but it can be turned down easily if required.

Call Hallspars 09 427 5472

Tried Fosters nothing that size, so took it to a mate, who knocked out the middle, cut a new bearing, and pressed it in. Took 10 mins, fits the pin perfectly. OTherwsie would likely have to turn up a new one I guess.

So its all good and back in place.

Cheers

Archived