Where to fill up??

Terry B

Your kidding AC!!!!

Last year they stopped doing it!!

Must have changed their mind - like I said in my first post, I said I'd not go back - and I haven't.

Should have shouldn't I, then I'd have known!!!!!!! :clap:

Thanks for asking them, that's a whole lot more convenient us at Westhaven! :thumbup:

Must admit I didn't test them by having abottle with me but the attendant pointed at the refill point and said "Yes we will any bottle", so that's the best I can confirm.

The proff will be you rocking up with your coke-can sized bottles and getting a top-up I guess.

AC - I just happened to be down in the vicinity of Westhaven during work time, what a coincidence :roll: so I popped in to the Caltex.

Like you, I didn't have the bottle with me but the guy filling gas bottles was adamant they fill any size.

I asked the boss man and he said the place had changed hands a while ago and that a few customers had commented that the station hadn't been filling bottles for a time under previous ownership....................

Sssoooooooo, problem solved..................... :thumbup: For Westhaveners anyway...........

I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys

unfortunately the news is not good. I just went down to Caltex fanshawe street. Yes they do fill all gas bottles. I have just bought two 2.25 kg bottles (space constraints) They have a minimum charge of $15.00 to fill each of them. In other words $30.00 for 4.5kg of gas. It appears all Caltex does it, the caltex on stanley street is the same. Major Rip off going on here !!!!!

The greens will be calling for an enquiry....

Give them a break guys. They are convenient and are, as you've all noticed, one of the few still offering the service you all want.

IMHO it's completely fair and reasonable to charge a minimum charge. Have you ever considered the cost to the company of filling the bottle. Staff + extra staff to cover the till + osh + training + equipment + storage...

It costs them the same to fill ac$9kg bottle as it does a puddly little 2kg. Why shouldn't they have a minimum charge to make it worth their while?

Agreed Dan. This is a convenient service.

2 options :

1. service station will have minimum fill to ensure they make money. No point having the attendant fill two bottles for $15 if here isnt margin in it.

2. They wont fill little bottles or will only do swap a bottle.

2.5kg bottles last ages - pretty small cost of sailing really. Lets get over it and support those guys that atleast offer the service!

...Give them a break guys. They are convenient and are, as you've all noticed, one of the few still offering the service you all want.

IMHO it's completely fair and reasonable to charge a minimum charge. Have you ever considered the cost to the company of filling the bottle. Staff + extra staff to cover the till + osh + training + equipment + storage...

It costs them the same to fill ac$9kg bottle as it does a puddly little 2kg. Why shouldn't they have a minimum charge to make it worth their while?

You're making the same mistake I did... You're bringing logic to an emotional argument... I tried that with my wife once... once. :wtf:

Archived