inflatable dinghy glue

wild violet

Use Bostik HV999. You can get a waterproof hardener for it but without is fine. You can get it from Blacks Fastners in a 1 liter tin.

Clean both surfaces and then apply with brush and leave it till its touch dry, heat both with heatgun and then stick and apply pressure. Leave for 24 hours before inflating

I made my own dinghy a couple of years ago as a winter project

What are you doing on the 'puter on such a beautiful day? :) :)

So nice to see the sun again. I found out I can source the 999 here, was more interested in the superior tensile strength of 5200 and whether or not it would be good for inflatable repairs. Contact adhesive seem to break down very quickly in the tropics.

I'l be hovering around the seawall tomorrow afternoon on Seahawk, where are you moored?

What are you doing on the 'puter on such a beautiful day? :) :)

So nice to see the sun again. I found out I can source the 999 here, was more interested in the superior tensile strength of 5200 and whether or not it would be good for inflatable repairs. Contact adhesive seem to break down very quickly in the tropics.

I'l be hovering around the seawall tomorrow afternoon on Seahawk, where are you moored?

Been down southern islands and came from Tonga before that so haven't had internet for 2 weeks! Will be here a couple more days stocking up and doing repairs etc, moored out in front of the Nambawan cafe, will keep an eye out for Seahawk.

Have never tried 5200 on PVC

Archived