Marine Instruments

Changed

I've had a 110 mm repeater linked into NMEA data for a speedo, it has been totally reliable and cheap, but it has an unusual method to store the NMEA signals compared to other makes and the instructions are a bit like a cryptic crossword to follow. After fitting the unit I noticed that the display was hard to read, but it was restricted by it's viewing angles so when you stood up and looked at it close by the display couldn't be viewed until you lowered your head a bit. Apart from all that I would buy more if needed as they seem more reliable than Navman and are quite cheap.

It is an OK product. The trickery inside is better than the case it comes in. I think the guy would do much better if he was able to get decent cases. Apart from that, they all seem to do what they say and tend to be reliable and are cheap. The designer biulders a bit of a Rocket scientist without ever having played with Rockets.

The 'word' on CruzPro is that the gear is good, some very good but the owner/management hasn't realised it's damn hard to do the R&D, make and then sell it all yourself hence it's knot as widely seen as other gear.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it.

Archived