Thursday Twilight Wind Warrior Rum Racing

Aussie

WW-RUM-350.jpg

Recharge the batteries and join us for Thursday Twilight Wind Warrior Rum Racing at Royal Akarana Yacht Club!

Racing: 6-7pm

Pre-Christmas Series

1 Nov, 15 Nov, 29 Nov 13 Dec

BBQ after racing on 13 December

Post-Christmas Series

7 Feb, 21 Feb, 7 Mar, 21 Mar, 4 Apr

BBQ after racing on 4 April

$10 to race

Bottle of Rum as a spot price

RAYC Bar and Cafe will be open and light meals are be available (burgers etc.)

Notice of Race and Online Entry COMING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

http://rayc.co.nz/wind-warriors/

Awesome work on the poster Aussie and im so looking forward to this. Is there going to be a prize for the top G2 boat if more than myself enter with one?

Awesome work on the poster Aussie and im so looking forward to this. Is there going to be a prize for the top G2 boat if more than myself enter with one?

Are the G3 boats that much faster than the earlier boats? If so, why?

Such cool little boats, I want 2 to stash on the boat when cruising. 1 is no good, need to have a race going on.

I am just as quick as the G3s on the wind, but off the wind they are 20-30% faster as they can pop the bow and fly unlike mine. In saying that I paid less than half the price of a G3 and I bet several at the nationals with the previous owner did even better so it does come back to sailing skill. I agree that they are awesome little boats and the more you have the funier they are :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also the G3's are great for cruising as they come apart (keel and rudder pop off within seconds) and they come in a great carry case to stash down one of the quarter berths!

Have not seen any G2's come up for sale recently. But keep a weather eye on trade me... :-)

Tonight's Menu

Bangers and Mash with mint peas and gravy

Hamburger and Chips

Fish and Chips

Yumo!!!

Hope to see HEAPS of WW's at RAYC tonight!

TODAY!!!!!!!!!

And what a perfect day for it :-)

The bar and cafe will be open so come on down.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Ive got mine sitting on my work desk and I cant wait for racing.

Are there ones you can hire there..?

Potentially there could be some floating around, but im not 100% sure. The first time I sailed there was at least one extra boat so one could or several could be free.

Are there ones you can hire there..?

Potentially there could be some floating around, but im not 100% sure. The first time I sailed there was at least one extra boat so one could or several could be free.

I've asked Grunta to bring a few spares so come on down!!!

Awesome afternoon/evening of WW Racing!

WW-RUM.jpg

What a perfect way to start the Thursday Night Wind Warrior Rum Racing Series! There were 8 boats, 8 races and plenty of laughing and heaps "I'm sorry's". Check out the results by following the link. http://rayc.co.nz/wind-warriors/

Hope to see more boats out there next time! (15th November from 6pm)

Thats a mighty small stewart 34! I heard some guys might be starting something up at Bayswater with a few odd ends. (To get out of the house and drink beer standing on a dock without much effort)

REMINDER ALL!!!! RACING THIS THURSDAY AT RAYC!!!

Great night sailing 2 weeks ago with 8 boats. I know we have a couple extra coming down this Thursday - would be good to get to 10+ boats.

See the flyer at the start of this thread. Also see http://rayc.co.nz/wind-warriors/ for more info.

Archived