Refinishing Teak and Holly Floors

Chill Pill

I have sanded back the existing teak and holly floors inside the boat and am considering what product to refinish them with.

Current thoughts are to use the Uroxsys Clear primer and Aliphatic topcoat. Is this the right stuff to use? Or is there a better system for this application.

Look forward to the advice.

I wouldnt concern yourself with any "marine" finishes. Go to Timpan, Mitre 10, Bunnings etc and buy some good quality domestic floor coating ie the same stuff you'd finish your house floorboards with. You'll save a fortune and it'll last just as long. Its interior after all and unless you live aboard it probably only gets 5% of the foot traffic.

I wouldnt concern yourself with any "marine" finishes. Go to Timpan, Mitre 10, Bunnings etc and buy some good quality domestic floor coating ie the same stuff you'd finish your house floorboards with. You'll save a fortune and it'll last just as long. Its interior after all and unless you live aboard it probably only gets 5% of the foot traffic.

But?... you said this in another thread on coating teak....

"Ditto. The ease of refinishing and recoating with Sikkens is what won me over. The newish, coloured/tinted Sikkens have a much nicer finish colour that the original orangey stuff to.''

Now I am confused? Which is better?

But?... you said this in another thread on coating teak....

"Ditto. The ease of refinishing and recoating with Sikkens is what won me over. The newish, coloured/tinted Sikkens have a much nicer finish colour that the original orangey stuff to.''

Now I am confused? Which is better?

Well spotted Sherlock, move to the front of the class, grab a lollipop on the way and dont stub your toe.

Let me relieve your confusion

- Sikkins Cetrol for all exterior timber and interior trim and cabinetry

- The above for interior floors, steps etc

Gettit?

Archived