Easter weekend

Vorpal Blade

Which multis are in for family oriented bay to bay cruise event for Easter?

After some discussion with some other interested boats we are looking at organising an around Waiheke type thing starting somewhere like Woody Bay/Home Bay or thereabouts (weather/wind direction dependant) and then an ongoing bay to bay cruise around Waiheke with the next evenings venue to be decided on the day. The emphasis being on staying in the best sheltered anchorages for us to get ashore for beach activities for the kids and families and also provide us the ability to raft up for later-night get togethers.

With enough support we may even be able to convince the NZMYC to sponsor a few spot prizes similar to their generous support Anniversary weekend.

P1060082.jpg

Leaners welcome :-)

I'll lift the keel and pole out a kayak so I can qualify as a Proa.

That is bound to make me popular with you lot.

Seriously tho, we should be out and about and having met quite a few of the multi (savages) they are a fun bunch.

There's a number of interesting things to do at the bottom end of Waiheke; THe walk up to Stony Batter, Man'o'war wine tasting, and exploring Rotoroa Island. All of which I hope to do over Easter, weather permitting...

So who is joining in, I know I've convinced a few new multis to come along.

As there are boats coming from both south and north, depending on wind direction, we plan to all meet up on Friday at either Oneroa or if thats not suitable then on the inside at TeWharau or Blackpool then on Saturday head for a destination to be decided at the bottom end.

Would like to make it but if forecast allows will prob head further afield ..ie Barrier or Mercs...if weather isnt co operative will try to make it....

If anyone has a windsurfer, paddle board (SUP), kayak, sailing dinghy etc bring it along. Word is that there is a special prize for the self propelled fun race! Getting wet is mandatory. :lol:

Just received a box of liquid prizes thanks to the generosity of the NZMYC, now we need to work out how to distribute them or do we do the usual "draw it out of a hat during the Saturday potluck dinner" thing again.

Currently we should see between 10 and 14 boats, anyone else out there planning on joining in?

Oneroa Friday night then to the bottom end for Saturday, I'm favouring Man'o'war 'cos the winery is open saturday.

I have just spoken to Tim Clissold on Pulse and he reports conditions on the northern side of Waiheke are very choppy and not so condusive to rafting up in Oneroa so have moved the first rendezvous to Huruhi Bay, (Blackpool) which is on the inside of Waiheke directly south of Oneroa on the chart. Rough position 36 48 02 s 175 008 e.

Pass it on

hi all great weekend with tga mulits great food and great stories by all , sorry VB couldnt get up there for raft up be up in 2weeks mate lance

post-10443-141887220289.jpg

post-10443-141887220294.jpg

post-10443-141887220297.jpg

post-10443-141887220301.jpg

post-10443-141887220303.jpg

post-10443-141887220307.jpg

Archived