Cat Certification

nz moth

You only need to be inspected for Cat3 and above. Below is by declaration. Next Cat3 race is Simrad Longhaul 100 in August or Coastal in October. Don't know of any others assuming you aren't doing the Wellington Triple.

I'm interested in hearing who is best for leaners myself

Captain Jim Varney.

Very logical old fella with a lot of real experience. He's always done my boats at GH. Don't think he'll travel to the city though. He's about 84 and only does inspections within walking distance! Very cool dude.

Captain Jim Varney is good for GH, but don't rush him, and allow time for a good yarn, politics, race, the RMA, who you work for, who he worked for, contractors, projects of national significant s, politics at YNZ, the future of inspectors, boats that have sunk after being cleared for CAT 1, boats that didn't sink after getting CAT 1, back to politics, a bit more on race relations, oh yeah, your safety inspection, his last holiday, booking flights to England, travel insurance, politics.

He is a good inspector, and we have great yarns, very personable, but make sure you don't have to pick the kids up just after your inspection :lol:

Jim Varney did all my cat 3 certs for the Ant. He'll remember it. He"ll appreciate it if you offer to pick him up from his home and drop him back, he only lives around the corner. Be prepared to answer his questions around emergency steering.

Jim Varney did all my cat 3 certs for the Ant. He'll remember it. He"ll appreciate it if you offer to pick him up from his home and drop him back, he only lives around the corner. Be prepared to answer his questions around emergency steering.

Archived