The next America's Cup

Two in 50+ years does not compare to Two in 3 months.

The best, to get the interest back into the event, would be to stop all the changing, stick to an affordable class boat that has some Techno scope, and has some dangers, crash in burn appeal and close match racing.

As box rule mono with a Max weight and Max $ spend. And Max crew would be a start.

2 in 50+ years?

In the first round of IACC racing (95), one Australia snapped and sunk, and the French lost a keel, maybe one of the American defenders also sank? The other snapping was in Auckland, not sure if it was 2000 or 2003, but I would actually say 4 serious events in 5 or 8 years, as opposed to 2 in 8months. Your point may still be valid, but your facts are completely wrong.

People might take you more seriously if you didn't exaggerate so much.

As for your take on 'the best', that is your opinion, which I strongly disagree with, but your opinion must be right, as you know what's best, so I'll keep it to myself.

so do you bring a $ per knot rating system then ie how much did it cost you to go that slow ( this relates to mono hull type boats )or how much did it cost you to go that fast ( as per multihulls ) this could be a good new rating rule for a new class .

Archived