Sail Indonesia people visiting NZ

Island Time

Hi everyone,

on the afternoon of the 23rd April, until and including the evening of the 25th, there will be some representatives of the Sail Indonesia cruising organisation here in Auckland. They would like to meet and discuss cruising with some NZ sailors. For anyone contemplating offshore cruising, not only (or even) to Indonesia, this would be a good opportunity to gain some understanding of the issues you will face in many countries, SE Asia especially.

Indonesia is an enormous country, consisting of literally thousands of Islands from differing cultures. It varies from pristine remote Islands, to very large cities with their problems. Until recently it was a difficult country to visit by Yacht, due to the very difficult entry and exit requirements. These guys from sail Indonesia made great changes by negotiating with their government - for years!

In the last few years I've spent about 5-6 months in Indonesia on two separate occasions and did several Sail Indonesia events. I thoroughly recommend it, and these guys were excellent. they deal with all the paperwork and officialdom, and will help out with any issues you may have. Even parts for your boat etc.

It would be cool if we could organize a group of sailors, and a venue in town one of these evenings. Great info, Pics and discussion. Anyone interested or could suggest a venue? Central would be good, and a yacht club with a bar even better!

Please reply here or send me a PM

Matt

Archived