Auck-Fiji 2013 start pics

Fogg

Is anyone else really shocked at the way NZ yachting has gone?? 5 boats in one of the biggest races of the year! Seems like a bit of a waste of time. Ive also just read they're going to start the A2B race on the same line as the 2 handed race, would have thought you would get way better numbers if they were at least a month apart? I would like to do both, guess not.......

1700 boats in the round the isle of white race today......

Yep it's a shame that the fleet is small and there are lots of reasons for that that have been discussed plenty before... however right here and right now it'd be awesome to focus on the achievements of the boats that ARE out there racing and to give them a big thumbs up. So, can we keep on topic, please?

I've had some great updates and pics coming through from Outrageous and TVS, and I will post a link to them soon. They are making great time.

They are getting to the interesting part for us spectators

Vodaboat looks to be going right with a few going left and maybe a couple up the middle

Go the little pig :thumbup: :sailor: :clap:

Yes they sure are getting interesting - and some weather coming through tomorrow night / Tuesday morning (am I right?) that will either help or hinder depending on how they have set themselves up. Wild Card is the handicap champ so far, but Squealer has got some pretty good downwind power at their disposal. Watch this space...

Oh and latest from the racecourse is here:

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/home/? ... b23c600a7d

Yes I'd imagine that they will take a big right off the top of that system with luck.

Then hopefully come back with the trades the last 2 days

Yes it's very easy doing it here I know

Archived