Artemis vs Luna Rossa

Who is going to watch the semifinal tomorrow and what is your predication?

I reckon that LR are going to smash AR simply due to crew work and time on the boat. If AR had spent 4-5 months training on this boat it could have been very interesting, but I don't see how they can outmaneuver the Italians.

Edit: it will be streamed live on tvnz from 8:15

looking at the practise starts between Artemis and TNZ earlier today we have either created a serious speed edge over the past week or LR will finally get to win a real race.

Full credit to the media and commentators who talk this event up - not sure what it would look like without them - does anyone really think 8 days practice will give A a chance against teams that have developed their technics over months now?

I admire the A spirit to come back after their tragedy. But at the same time I question their free choice in the matter, especially in light of LR being fined $100000 today for not putting their AC72 outside on the dock for the LV party and only sending 3 of their own to the gala - hmm smells of a bit of an AC PR disaster - another one - at least the $$ went to charity.

Despite all of that my phone will be on busy tomorrow ... from 8:15 am..for a while

Is it two races scheduled for today?

If so the rising wind might be Luna Rossa's saviour... will their wing be up to a second race, if it is run?

Edit: Ignore that. It's only two races a day in the final.

a much more positive race than anticipated - full marks to A. Question is how expensive was the wing damage to LR? not sure if they go again?

No more racing today. Two races each day starts with the LVC Final on the 17th.

The AC phone app is good for easy access to the race schedule. Also has virtual eye & live video that isn't region blocked. (screen's a bit small for viewing the action tho).

a much more positive race than anticipated - full marks to A. Question is how expensive was the wing damage to LR? not sure if they go again?

LR used their old wing today. I guess that's why it crapped out.

Their 2nd wing is under repair

Awesome race. The first 2min were really exciting :)

Anyone else think it could very easily go 3-1 tomorrow?

Here's hoping, just to keep the series alive.

I also think Artemis may have a faster package than LR once they figure out how to drive it, so it'd be a shame to end it before they even really get through testing.

Archived