Raven Owners

grantmc

Good on ya for trying to revive some interest in the Class I would love to say go on the Raven owners association website but , you have to pay $45 to be able to post on the forum as its been closed to non "members" a good way to totally kill what was already a very dead Forum set up by narrow minded moderators.

Good on ya for trying to revive some interest in the Class I would love to say go on the Raven owners association website but , you have to pay $45 to be able to post on the forum as its been closed to non "members" a good way to totally kill what was already a very dead Forum set up by narrow minded moderators.

That's a bit harsh Te Tahi but is rather stupid for Ravens outside of Auckland. Why they need subs I can only but wonder (affiliation fees for YNZ perhaps?).

But to the topic. The following are the Ravens I've tracked down in our area so far:

Bianco - Seaview

Footprints - Seaview

Rose - Seaview

Quetzalli - Seaview

Soraeko - Seaview

Flemish Racer - Seaview - Need contact details

Harvest - Evans Bay

Shogun - Evans Bay

Tracer - Clyde Quay

Settimio - Waikawa - Need contact details

If anyone can help with the details of those I still need contact details of any of the boats above would be much appreciated. Also if anyone spots a Raven not in the list please let me know. Thanks to all.

Love your work Grant.

Let's try and get as many of those as possible out for a sail in the next CSSC event. It doesn't have to be formula one, but it is the bbq afterwards that matters...

Sounds like a great idea. So set a date and event: SOON.

How's about a trianglur race between LBYC, PNYC, EBY&BC but at least one crew member must sign the register and drink a beer at each club house. Decide start/finish place.

On any Sunday (or Saturday). Kids sport has pretty much finished till Cricket starts again. LBYC and Evans Bay have finished their Winter Series and there's nadda on for a month or so.

Hey and add the CSSC logo to your signature. Fück I can see I might have to send you 50 bucks soon.

Looking forward to seeing some photo,s of a few Southern Ravens having a good day out.

Maybe I have been a bit harsh about The Raven owners website Forum ,just wish it was open too all Raven Owners not just the ones who pay to belong too it especially when you do,nt live in Auckland or belong to way too many clubs already and do,nt have the time too commit to another one.

I suppose all those other Raven owners can exchange idea,s and arrange days out on here.

The one at mana is called "kelly's eye" and there's sometimes a flush deck one called tracer

Tracer is a R26, and she is moored in Clyde Quay Boat Harbour in front of RPNYC. She is owned by Ben Amor, and he is in the CSSC organising committee...

It's on.

Ben Amor has entered Tracer... although, possibly as part of the pre-match mind games, he's entered as a "Raven 16". More intruige than San Francisco!

I sail Settimio out of Waikawa, race regularly.

There are a few other 26's in the marina:

Fancy Free, owned by wayne in wellington

Feelin alright, owner unknown

Blue Raven (on mooring with dodger)

D***, cant recall name but it is 4 letters and starts with D

Recently did cook straight wine race,

Hi Grant and others

I am looking to buy my first keeler and I am strongly leaning towards a Raven 26. (Refer my recent post on the subject in the Welly talk forum)

I would be keen to talk the pros and console the Raven with any current owners with perhaps the chance crew on one. If anyone keen to have a bit of novice on board for a sail and a yarn, I would love the opportunity.

Cheers

Jeff

Archived