750kg of Cocaine

Am anchored not far from it....big news here as obviously is a huge haul..1 of the crew met the guy who has recently bought the boat by tender from the local Customs Depart..

Hell of a lot of money for whoever paid for the drugs to run away from....tho if the officials are onto you...

And here was me dreaming of a white Christmas.

It is all part of a 2+ year operation that has been very well orchestrated by the Vanuatu police and the AFP. This vessel was owned by the same outfit as Friday Freedom who got busted in Bundy in 2011 with 300kg. Narrowly missed apprehending the Colombian end due to timing of arrest and search warrants (they wer ein Vila the morningof the bust but managed to flee) but they were apparently nicked in Oz.

Source shall remain anonymous.

The irony is that the street value is almost exactly the value of the promissary note that needs to be signed by the Vanuatu govt to guarantee airport upgrades here.

It seems the boat had already been searched previously...not sure if they found the stash and decided to leave in place and keep the boat under observation or they missed it then...the mind boggles if the new owner had decided to leave the country not knowing that was aboard ...

A new career opportunity for [soon-to-be-former?] members of OTUSA perhaps, since they already seem to have experience in concealing sh*t in multis...? :evil:

WHAT!!! You saying someone brought the boat without knowing all that stuff was onboard?? Surely knot.

I like you career planing advise Murky. They do say make the most of your previous experience and strengths :lol:

It seems the boat had already been searched previously...not sure if they found the stash and decided to leave in place and keep the boat under observation or they missed it then.

That is basically exactly what happened, although I am not sure if they found the drugs by tip off or search.

In an interview with a head Police fella, They had been watching the boat for 2yrs waiting, expecting the drug guys to think all was quiet and come for the boat and that way the Authorities could catch a large network. When the Police saw that a innocent by stander was about to get involved by buying the boat, they decided to step in and stop an innocent guy getting in the middle of a possible dangerous mess.

Having been involved with finding a buyer for the yacht, I know a few people directly effected by this and yes a lot of innocent folk have been put in a very dangerous situation. The current owners purchased by tender from the Vanuatu government about six months or so ago, after being abandoned about two years previously by her crew. Back then her crew were questioned by the Aussie drug police and the vessel searched and it was reported that nothing of substance was supposedly found, but it seems the police had a good idea of what was on board and have been watching and waiting for the right buyer to come along. When another innocent party was about to purchase a decision was made by the police that they had to do something, before the yacht was re commissioned for offshore delivery.

I can say after sitting on a mooring she was in a bad state . It was thought by many that she may have done a drug run earlier and was then abandoned, but this was obviously not the case . Who knows what would have happened to the new owners once they headed off on a passage. Life has very little value when one is dealing with such a high stake cargo. Interested parties on both sides have obviously been watching this unloved yacht baking away in the tropics very closely.

Archived