Sick and tired of using the galley hand pump...

SanFran

The foot pumps have a little faucet - no tap is required

Generally yes, but in my case with the tank up behind the bunk it would siphon out when on the "wrong" tack. Had to have a little cork to stick up him. Since changed to tap type.

Have had valve after the pump that you can open and close by foot.

I bought a shurflow 3 Lpm self priming pump a few years ago, for my campervan shower, thats approx the same flow rate as those 12v electric shower head things you can buy all over the place. They are a bit noisy when you turn them on though.

Try Smartmarine, this looks like the same one I had...http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/products/plumbing/12-24v-pressure-pumps/55334/3-8lpm-12v-auto-marine-rv-fresh-water-pressure-pum/details/

Hmm, interesting.

I don't see why the pressure systems waste water except with guests aboard, who may leave a tap running. Put the plug in, sink fills. Does not matter if manual or electric pump.

We use a 45 psi 12ltr/min pump for our fresh water, and another for salt (washdown and galley). No accumulator, 15mm plumbing. Domestic single lever mixer taps, and a caliphont for hot water. Works great, just like a house. We don't have a watermaker, but do have 800ltrs in the tanks. With just the two of us, we can (and have) made this last 6 weeks living aboard.

A good shower will need 8-10 Ltrs per min...

Just my opinion of course.

Archived