Am I hyper sensitive to Epoxy /Solvents?

Zozza

Heck, Wheels, you have been through the mill with this stuff. My sympathies.

You really have to use locoid every day?!

When I first got sick with the stuff, they put me on Steriods for about 6 to 8 months. Horrible stuff, but it worked really well. When I stopped, I went straight back to problems, so I went back on the Steroids and then very gradually tapered them off and that seemed to work.

The big issue I have today is that I am sensitised to many things and Hand Cleaners are bad for my hands. Some Hand cleaners are worse than others, but all of them eventually cause my hands to break out in itchy rashes and I can only control it with the Locoid. I try to keep anything harsh as far away from any other part of my body, like Face etc, as much as I can.

I only have to get a slight wiff of Dust and my nose and Sinuses become so block it is horrible and I wash my nose out every night with a Saline solution to ensure I get a good nights sleep. I have a constant shortness of breath, often coughing up stuff and have to suck on an Inhaler every now and then if I feel my breathing get real bad.

Well mate, that is just bloody horrible. It puts into perspective my own recent discomfort which is not anywhere near what you have had, and continue, to go through. My utmost sympathies with your situation. Hopefully you are still able to get out and do plenty of sailing in he healthy fresh air.

I am one of those people who has "swum in it" over the years, but as I've got older I've got a lot tidier. One day however I did a small job, then went home and had a shower and discovered a puffy rash on my chest. I came out and asked wifey if I looked alright as my face felt weird, she yelled to get in the car and we shot to the a&e. They took one look and rammed a drip in for adrenaline I think to combat anaphylaxis. Spent the night in the hospital and came right. In the end I found I'm allergic to latex but only powdered gloves as the corn starch powder lets the latex be absorbed somehow. I always used to pull gloves off and have red hands but I thought it was just sweating under them. Now I use nitrile and no dramas.

Dave

Archived