free standing cat ketch

ex TL systems

nice boat appeared on trademe this morning allan wright cat ketch, like the idea of free standing masts, no weak links to break and the interior looks like brand new. disclaimer i am not buying selling or in any way connected with the above, just it looks like a good cruiser! oh and sorry no capitals but i am still working with 1 hand. :thumbup:

Very nice. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me anything about this boat. I spotted it racing at Mahurangi in company of boats twice it's size and thought it some kind of cat it was going so fast,

post-12703-141887263435.jpg

It was on D pier at halfmoon bay a few weeks ago Phil, his own design and build, rigs look like they are Finn rigs, its trailerable and 26foot long. Quite cleverly done and a good guy

I pulled the rigs out of the Pooh Sticks (the one for sale) about 6 years ago when it got repainted. Was very tidy and well looked after. The owner was an Engineer from memory

Hi there, followed this boat and its rig through Eric Sponberg, and always thought this was a great way to go. The syncronicity of the moment is another great is also up for sale ; boatpoint

Sparhawk ckc 36 ketch in Darwin. The good thing about both of these designs is they both don't roll in the bow as has happened with other raked stem designs ;with the weight of the rig up in the bow. I have sailed neither boat so maybe out of order but I like both a lot! Now where did the name come from??? Gotta be a storythere. Also love the other Phil boat design any other photos?? Cheers

Archived