BOP Trailer Yacht Sqd Alan Civil Classic 50 miler (for the big boys), shorter course for smaller TY, plus Sport boat Div. 21 Nov 2020 Lake Rotoiti

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys, had a great time. It's been a very nervous few weeks having no idea how we're doing in the boat. Beating the local mixed Keeler fleet by 10 minutes an hour doesn't prove much. Anyways she

Just got  this from our 11 year old floater/bow monkey / media officer / beer opener . Edited with help from his dad  IMG_2088.MOV

Hi DP, I’m the bow monkeys dad, I’ll get your details from 44, we’ve got some good footage of you guys, unedited. It’s always weird, but cool to see your own boat sailing! I’ll send it to you. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Adrianp said:

Is that Big Greeny from High-n-Fibre? Massive sail but not the fastest we found.

Good powers of observation Adrian . Yeah it’s high n fibres green monster . We tried it on Friday evening in about 5-6 knots and we were matching the wind speed . But yeah the groove narrows as the wind picks up and the trimmer nearly got his arms ripped off , we found that the luff would collapse dramatically when we caught up with AW and would have to do a big bear away to fill it again . 

17 minutes ago, 44forty said:

Good powers of observation Adrian . Yeah it’s high n fibres green monster . We tried it on Friday evening in about 5-6 knots and we were matching the wind speed . But yeah the groove narrows as the wind picks up and the trimmer nearly got his arms ripped off , we found that the luff would collapse dramatically when we caught up with AW and would have to do a big bear away to fill it again . 

We found the Magic 25 kites to be the best as they have put some much development into them. I think they are only 65m2, where that Greeny is almost 100m2, but just way more efficient. 

9 hours ago, eruptn said:

Bloody great video...any chance of dropping it on the BOPTYS Facebook page... 

No worries! Our media officer/bow monkey/beer opener is stoked to see his vid out there. I’ve submitted a ‘friend’ request to the FB page, hopefully when that’s accepted I can put it up.

Or if I can get a email of an admin, I can send it directly?

Edited by Carbon Footprint