VeryKeen ToBe Out On The Water-Racing, WORK Or Just For Fun!

Scubash

Hi I have been in Auckland for a couple of months now for the purpose to get into the Yachting Industry. I am here to learn the ins and outs of the industry, from building/maintenance to Sail Racing/Coastal Sailing/Blue-Water Sailing! I do not know much now, but I have already started to learn a lot and am very eager to continue to do so...the more I learn the more I want to continue learning. I am a total addict now!!! :crazy: :D

Since I have arrived, I have completed a 10 day sail from Auckland to Bluff aboard Tiama, on which I completed my competent crew course but learned more due to the other students doing their Coastal Skipper. The trip really got me hooked, so much, I didn't want to get off the boat! I have now also done 6 harbor races as well as the Coastal Classic!! I just completed my STCW 95 and got my MROC certificate as well. I am trying to work my way to getting my Ocean Yacht-Masters!! :sailor: :D :thumbup:

**************Very interested in doing Tuesday summer series, Wednesday night series, Friday rum races, Sunday summer series....basically I would like to get out everyday of the week if I can!! I get many responses for Wednesday nights, so it would be nice to here back for Friday or any other day as well!! :thumbup: Also since I am working towards my Ocean Yacht-Masters if anyone knows of any boat deliveries and would like to give me the opportunity to be crew so I can gain sea miles and experience that would be great!!

I also don't mind and insist that I want to get dirty as well and learn how to build and maintain boats & engines. Every time I am out for a sail and I see someone fixing something I try to learn. I have also helped a friend scrape/sand, prime and anti-foul a 40ft boat. I am currently trying to find a job in the boating industry, do not care what as long as it is related to boats and I am learning. So if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated!

A bit more about me...I am a Scuba Diving Instructor, Chef and have also studied Hotel Management. I also do photography as a hobby and have an underwater camera with a wide angle lens which takes amazing photos onboard a wet boat!!

So please drop me a line if any of my skills are a necessity to you or if you just want to give a gal a chance to gain some sailing experience! For the moment I am free as a bird as I am currently in search of a job. I can practice! practice! practice! for any race!! You can PM me or send me a text to 0211706138. Happy sailing!

Cheers,

Ashley

PS. I can bring beer/wine/Rum... yum... and a smile of course! :D

That wide angle lens takes an amazing shot but be warned it makes your b*m look HUGE if you stand in front of it! :lol:

(there is a video of Fineline in the Coastal reports... Someone with more skill might be able to add the link)

That wide angle lens takes an amazing shot but be warned it makes your b*m look HUGE if you stand in front of it! :lol:

(there is a video of Fineline in the Coastal reports... Someone with more skill might be able to add the link)

Here it is!

Were you on Tiama with Henk ('the Viking' that's what my boys call him) great guy and a really amazing and well setup boat.

He is good friends of my brother and my parents, all part of the Antarctic nutcase club.

We had lunch on the boat a few months ago.

Were you on Tiama with Henk ('the Viking' that's what my boys call him) great guy and a really amazing and well setup boat.

He is good friends of my brother and my parents, all part of the Antarctic nutcase club.

We had lunch on the boat a few months ago.

Yes I was!

Learned a lot!

Great Boat!!

I actually did't want to get off in the end, wanted to continue on as crew for his charters!

Recognize my profile picture?

Scubash... I hear you may be heading to Fiji to help deliver a boat back to New Zealand ?

Yes it sounded very interesting, but I still haven't heard back...so we will see! Cross your fingers!!

Good on ya Scubash. An ocean passage like Fiji to NZ is definitely an experience. It generally takes about 7-8 days and you can reasonably expect 2 days of absolutely fabulous weather, 2 days of sh*t and the rest somewhere in the middle there. Just remember, it doesn't matter whether its good or bad, conditions will change.

Just remember to clip on at night and don't leave the cockpit without someone else on deck. Have fun, it'll be great! :)

Good on ya Scubash. An ocean passage like Fiji to NZ is definitely an experience. It generally takes about 7-8 days and you can reasonably expect 2 days of absolutely fabulous weather, 2 days of sh*t and the rest somewhere in the middle there. Just remember, it doesn't matter whether its good or bad, conditions will change.

Just remember to clip on at night and don't leave the cockpit without someone else on deck. Have fun, it'll be great! :)

Unfortunately, they waited to last minute to look for crew, and have decided to sail with a fleet of 10 other sail boats 2 handed because of the weather. Hopefully another opportunity will come up in the near future! But thanks for the advice!! :thumbup:

It is getting late in the season and the weather window looks pretty good. I can understand them being impatient to get away. They should perhaps have organised crew a little earlier. Oh well.

There will be plenty of opportunities to go north in April/May/June I'm sure .... and that's actually a more fun way to go because every day it gets warmer and warmer. :)

It is getting late in the season and the weather window looks pretty good. I can understand them being impatient to get away. They should perhaps have organised crew a little earlier. Oh well.

There will be plenty of opportunities to go north in April/May/June I'm sure .... and that's actually a more fun way to go because every day it gets warmer and warmer. :)

Yeah they were nice enough to invite me to go sailing with them when they get here for the Mussel Festival and said they would introduce me to many other skippers that will be heading back out so I can crew with them!

By any chance are sailing tonight or know anyone else who may be that is short on crew?? Just thought I would throw that in there as I am dying to get out on the water!!

Hello,

My family decided to stay home this weekend so I'm in need of crew for the cruising race to Waiheke this evening - 5:30 at the boat (westhaven), race to bottom end waiheke, swimming, diving, hiking on Saturday with a beach BBQ at sunset with the RYC members, and a likely Sat evening return?

PM me if interested!

Bryon

Hello,

My family decided to stay home this weekend so I'm in need of crew for the cruising race to Waiheke this evening - 5:30 at the boat (westhaven), race to bottom end waiheke, swimming, diving, hiking on Saturday with a beach BBQ at sunset with the RYC members, and a likely Sat evening return?

PM me if interested!

Bryon

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived