Whats in a name......?

One thing I have learned is simpler is better with logos....the trickier they are the more they cost!

Agreed. With that in mind, have you considered having the name outside the logo? So, the image is cleaner (red squid in black oval) with lettering separate ... either alongside or underneath the image. Just a thought ... simplifies the image and allows application of the name on the transom (say) without the graphic. You can then use the graphic image with or without the text name as and where you choose.

One other thing to consider is the visibility of red on black (may disappear at a distance) and the visibility of the logo on the topsides of the boat itself. An experienced signwriter or graphic designer can probably advise. Will it look like a black blob on the side of the boat from a distance?

Love the concept of the logo .... depicts the name without the lettering.

I concur with Grinna (again!)

Its not so much the eclipse - I think an eclipse is a great shape, my personal opinion of course, as it has curves :wink: and I am not really into straight . . . lines.

It is the dark colour of it. Red black and yellow are great colours together, and in fact, are excellent colours to use if you want to grab someones attention to sell them something! But - as Grinna so eloquently put it, it may appear as just a black blob in the distance.

What colour are you painting the hull?

If grey, (like Stealth Mission), or dark blue the red squid with yellow eyes would really stand out. If white, I am not so sure?

And, like Grinna suggested, lettering outside the logo. I love the way TW has the wolf on his bows, and Margueritaville has the drunk parrot on hers.

Just my 2c

:D

M

Agreed, THink the graphic is too overpowering of the name, and the name isnt readable from a distance.

Had a quick photoshop of that onto the side of a Ross930 photo and you cant read the name from a boatlength away?

Will have a bit more of a play!

SV Original copy.jpg

. I love the way TW has the wolf on his bows, and Margueritaville has the drunk parrot on hers.

M

I get asked a lot who did I get to do the Graphics.

Used Leighton at Signcraftsmen in Albany. (443 5877)

Great Job at a Good Price I thought.

Toles your Top Right angry squid looks awesome !

Agree with Jase. I reckon Marshy's squid on the boat looks great, maybe a different font, perhaps with tentacles extending through or under the name?

Archived