Buying from Far East Sails

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it's made the boat immeasurably nicer to sail than the old baggy thing.... Didn't have any issues with it fit wise etc. -- all good.   I think I'll try tapering the top batten a bit, other tha

That's right, BA22.   Yes, went loose footed. Much better.   Apart from that, main changes from the original I made were: - Less roach -- for easier hoisting, and so it doesn't need reefing so ea

Yep, what Harrytom said. Take your measurements off the existing. Can't go too wrong with that.

I have a further questions though. My existing main which was probably second hand off the Ark has slides along the foot. Is that the superceded by loose footed mains now?. Are they all loose footed, or is that mainly for say Racing?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's made the boat immeasurably nicer to sail than the old baggy thing.... Didn't have any issues with it fit wise etc. -- all good.

I think I'll try tapering the top batten a bit, other than that I'm happy with the shape. Photo is taken with only a few kts of breeze, hence the bottom looks a bit creasy. Looks nice once the breeze gets up, and the boat now sails OK under main alone in 15-20kts -- it used to basically stop without a headsail before.

DSC_0183.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fbq8ek1cn7zeyf/DSC_0183.JPG?dl=0

Edited by hb1849