sad demise of the beachbum

bushman

well for those of you that have known him ( and the more fortune who don't know who the hell he is ) the grump ( sometimes called mark ) has finally sold his soul to the other side and has got him self one of those fizzzzzzzzzzzzz boat things , now instead of hearing about his latest racing adventure and his giant killing achievements we now have to hear about his fishing stories ( and who will ever believe a fishing story ) and the size of his beans and radishes ," O HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN " , he will be sadly missed ( until i get on of those flash scopes on me gun then i'll get the bathtub)

It does provide a similar level of amusement though, whereas before you only had to mention soft handicaps or dispute his understanding of a rule (any rule, any dispute) and you would have him on the hook with fire works. Now you have to criticise his fishing ability, like the fact that he has to be shown where the fish are by his son (a proper fisherman who catches proper fish) or that the scales he's got have to be dodgy because "10kg? The fish in the picture doesn't look that big" or that his ruler is a touch on the small side. Or old eyesight favourites "No Mark, get your glasses, that's not a 10kg snapper it a pilchard".

He'll be back.

Well AA the Bum they are talking about once owned Turbo'd SR26 that you would have drooled over and he was one of the first to make a "Sows Ear" out of a silk purse.

How ever I think he is safe as I Know that even with the best of scopes the bushman couldn't hit the side of a slow moving H28 from fifty metres.

Hey you lot, I'm just having a dabble on the fishing side but still might go for the odd sail if the weather is nice and the fridge is cold.

Have caught a few nice fish too which I have given away but Pumbah will not be getting any more. For those of you who dont know him, He is a pom. I gave him a big feed of fresh snapper so he put it in the freezer. :crazy:

Still has his 1960 version of the English rule book too. :lol:

Archived