Tanalised ply and fibreglass

weren't the townson 30's designed for a>c grade tanalised ply with the good side in?, as for a cat , 2 schools of thought....rigid as in the go fast powercats or something along the lines of Wharams flexibles, guy called Bones(r.i.p) had a couple of wharam 53 hulls that were to form the platform and a simple whare plonked on top, these hulls were on trademe, no idea what became of them

That's knot quite as ugly as I remember her. Actually its finished very nicely just a tad small for us.

Easter in Rakino there was a outboard powered shoebox on twin hulls as well. Nothing to look at at all but space....huge for 35ish feet. Small foredeck for ding and anchor winch. Small cockit and the rest was all stadium, relatively speaking.

We want space. To get space we need floor area or in this case deck area. What has the most deck area a barge or a multi, the same thing...... space wise talking there before the many legged brigade go bad.

What's the ideal parked vessel, a barge. What's a close 2nd but a shite load easier to push, a multi. Cat or Tri? Doesn't matter unless we build when a Cat is easier...... Isn't it?

I designed a boat last night. Admittedly the likes of BBW, John Wellsford and other real designers would fill their undies at the underwater shape but that is very much a work in progress which wouldn't be finished by me if we did go that way.

LOA 17.5mts by 8mts beam. Working to std marina Cat berth sizes which look to be 18mts x 9mts.

4 cabins on/in Level 1 (in the hulls) each with real good space and with king size bunks tucking in to the bridge deckie bit. 2 engine rooms, 2 dingy garages, 1 workshop in one hull and a ??? in the other. All with full head room. In one hull each cabin has a en-suite, in the other both cabins share a bathroom.

The level 2 (normal deck level) would measure 17.5 x 8mts less a small nibble out mid boat bow and stern and the 'enclosed' part would 11.5mts x 6mts with a solid roof over most of the cockpit area. Kitchen, dining, lounge. Dunny and laundry back by cockpit somewhere. Boat mission control and steering. Plug in remotes to be used if you want to steer from else where i.e. getting into the marina berth.

Level 3 approx 9mts x 5mts. The master suite with bathroom and private deck, a office/study, lounge space with deck.

Level 4 is the Sky lounge garden bar and is just open. Maybe fit a diving board for D2 :) Deck level is 7mts off the water, close as.

Full walk around outside level 2 and full walk around 3/4's of level 3, all but across the front, just too ugly.

Does look a tad ugly though but then what fizzy doesn't.

The Wa like it so that's a nice sign. Now to find out just how viable it will be.

Knot quite 3021, mine has bigger motors and a far larger Sky Lounge :)

When I figure out how to extract the magnificent design and tweak some bits out so I don't get copied by the Farr Office, Jaun K and those dudes :lol: :lol: I'll see if I can get them up here for both a Peer Review and some to just laugh at :lol:

Hey, I know that big one. From memory I'm thinking 500,000 Euros. A slightly smaller 30 room 3 story one you can get for around 200,000 Euros. Make a nice floating whorehouse or so I'm told ;)

Sadly they go to windward like an upside down multihull. I would say Mono but we all know they are just to safe to fall over unlike multis :twisted:

Have a suss around and there is some very big boats at prices people here pay for a decent 40fter. It's just bizarre. Mind you most 40fters don't need an engineer and $5000 just to start them up.

Waiting for more info to arrive on this one below. 23mts x 6.8mts. 25knots with 102 people aboard driven by a pair of big MTU's driving water jets. The auxiliaries are small V6 Deutz's :)

And can you see me behind the wheel with all those buttons that look seriously tempting after a few rums or some poor sucker rowing behind the boat when I'd have 2 massive high powered water pistols aiming backwards :) :)

The good side is $250,000 NZ landed less GST and Duty :thumbup:

The bad side is 200lts per hour :thumbdown:

post-646-14188715935.jpg

post-646-141887159353.jpg

Archived