Masking tape

Can anyone advise on a superlative masking tape please? I've tried most of the selection available at Bumblings and they are all not so flash if you want a perfect result. I'm talking about a paint to varnish line that will stand very close inspection, millimetre by millimetre. Most tapes are not bad but will give a tiny bit of under cutting that then needs to be cleaned up with a craft knife and with a magnifier fitted on your specs.

Thank you. I will the suggestions on a test piece first. One of the difficulties is the paint/varnish I'm doing is that they are a one-shot deal. Mess it up and it's very difficult to correct.

Use 3M only, there are several types that may suit, the purple low tack I like but there are several fineline pvc types but they are very fiddly. Double taping helps give a good edge too.

I like the sound of the fineline pvc type. I'm only trying to mask off paint to varnish lines a few centimetres long so the fiddly aspect shouldn't present a problem.

Go to an automotive refinishing place and get the yellow tape (Japanese i think) it has a very low profile  and is great for masking where you dont want to see a thick line where the paint types change.

Perfect match paints used to stock it.

Have you tried Wairau paints?

Not sure where you would get it outside of Auckland sorry

Thanks for the good advice - one can always rely on you chaps to come up with answers.

So what I'm trying to achieve is a razor Sharp line between the black paint replicating the canopy and the varnish on the rest of the aircraft. Both are sprayed finishes.20191022_214410.jpg

I thought I might manage to sell a couple of these models - I didn't count on an order of 50 so I need to get my production and finishes sorted.