Jump to content
vic008

Suitcase Diesel air heater

Recommended Posts

Not in any hurry so ordered mine from the States. Non- suitcase type.

Clone, with beefed up exhaust & thru transom SS fitting & spare fuel metering pump.

Fraction of cost of big players.

Going to be an Houdini exercise to fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XYZ. ex China.

His feedback was good enough for me. Other said there is no difference. In fact some swapped out several year old Eberspachers that were playing up.

I *will* monitor closely on first few operations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very strange.Tracking my new budget buy.Says arrive in destination country, then delivered yesterday.Not!!Then notice them saying miscalculated postage and want another $20 and then it will leave China. WTF.Mind, they lied about the start of covid so this will be nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone down the Chinese route and got burnt.  They are not all the same and many of the ones peddled here in NZ are not supported at all.  The models and parts change all the time and the controllers are rubbish.  

Noise is an issue as well with the cheaper ones.  

The manual that came with the unit I purchased was not relevant to the model supplied and the auckland based distributor was down right rude and had no idea how to support the product.  If you want to do a quality installation, go European.  You won't regret it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, southernman said:

I've gone down the Chinese route and got burnt.  They are not all the same and many of the ones peddled here in NZ are not supported at all.  The models and parts change all the time and the controllers are rubbish.  

Noise is an issue as well with the cheaper ones.  

The manual that came with the unit I purchased was not relevant to the model supplied and the auckland based distributor was down right rude and had no idea how to support the product.  If you want to do a quality installation, go European.  You won't regret it.  

You get what you pay for.

What’s the price difference between Eberspacher and a knock off Chinese equivalent $1000 or so there is a glaring answer to that price gap durability reliability and warranty comes to mind.
Noiseyness comes free with the cost saving alternatives.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Priscilla II said:

You get what you pay for.

What’s the price difference between Eberspacher and a knock off Chinese equivalent $1000 or so there is a glaring answer to that price gap durability reliability and warranty comes to mind.
Noiseyness comes free with the cost saving alternatives.

 

 

Yip which is why we avoid dealing with Chinese suppliers wherever possible.  I'm sure there are some good ones out there from China as far as diesel heaters go but it will cost you more by the time you buy a few of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, southernman said:

Yip which is why we avoid dealing with Chinese suppliers wherever possible.  I'm sure there are some good ones out there from China as far as diesel heaters go but it will cost you more by the time you buy a few of them. 

Pretty hard to not buy Chinese anything these days but well worth the effort to make the effort.

1 million Uighurs locked in re-education camps is my start point when I am looking for a new piece of kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China makes good stuff, China makes crap stuff, we are generally burn't by the NZ based importers buying cheap and our desire / need for a bargain. It is a re-run of Japan in the 1950's, 20 years later they dominated almost every manufactured item imported here, made with quality and precision that Britain, America, Europe etc. could only dream of. Now China is the new girl on the block. She certainly doesn't fit most NZers ideas on freedom of thought, religion, etc. But that doesn't seem to trouble them and / or those in Business and the NZ Government doing trade deals etc.

Our down side is that the Chinese plan 100 + years ahead, we struggle with a 6 to 9 year political cycle and very limited longer term view. Unless we find a way to exist outside the market economy that relies on endless (unsustainable) consumption?  Hmmmmmmmmm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...