Polisher for my boat

Atom Ant

He He He. Even if it did work, a polish would still be in order. I'm amazed at how quickly the paint oxidised in just two weeks between the first photos and the second photo. Mid winter may not be the best time either. My plan is to get my lovely other 'arf to follow behind me with the polish so that it is protected immediately.

Still, if that old guy is right...

He He He. Even if it did work, a polish would still be in order. I'm amazed at how quickly the paint oxidised in just two weeks between the first photos and the second photo. Mid winter may not be the best time either. My plan is to get my lovely other 'arf to follow behind me with the polish so that it is protected immediately.

AA don't let the cutting compound dry.

Keep a wet brush on hand.

I see a visit to Gulf Harbour may be on the cards as I should expect to get further in 5 hours !

I see a visit to Gulf Harbour may be on the cards as I should expect to get further in 5 hours !

:) I am doing it just as you said to Mr Wolf! I have plenty of H2O on hand and when I feel it start to "grab" I wet it again. A 30 x 30 cm patch takes say 5 minutes to get 90% of it off. But the last 10% takes a hang of alot longer! But I welcome all input and advice! Be good to see you if you want to make a visit. Any fine day over the next few weeks I should be there.

Is the handicapper aware of the improvements you are making?

Not only will the yacht be more slippery and lighter without the grunge, but the fitness gain of the helmsman surely will make a difference. :D

Is the handicapper aware of the improvements you are making?

Not only will the yacht be more slippery and lighter without the grunge, but the fitness gain of the helmsman surely will make a difference. :D

Yeah he's aware :lol: But I'm not racing through the winter so the drop off in skill level should roughly equal the gain in fitness! :thumbup:

:) I am doing it just as you said to Mr Wolf! I have plenty of H2O on hand and when I feel it start to "grab" I wet it again. A 30 x 30 cm patch takes say 5 minutes to get 90% of it off. But the last 10% takes a hang of alot longer! But I welcome all input and advice! Be good to see you if you want to make a visit. Any fine day over the next few weeks I should be there.

will be up there on saturday for the launching of the latest jt tri so i will call by.

8 hours total polishing time. Photos taken with an old cell phone so image quality isn't the best.

Also a big thanks to MrWolf. The waffle pad certainly sped things up a bit. That and the purchase of a spray bottle from the $2 shop. Like you said it makes the whole process quicker if I can regularly spray water on the area.

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Cheers and thanks for all the encouragement folks. Below is where I'm up to now total elapsed polishing time is 17 hours. I've drawn a line to delineate where I'm up to. Actually I've done my back in by trying to polish the bit below where I kneel on the marina. So I've given up. Polishing in the marina that is. I'm coming out of the water in a couple of weekends and I'll rig up trestles and planks and do it on terra firma. I've also bought some Farecla G6 compound and a firmer waffle pad. Similar to the one you gave me Mr Wolf but designed to do harder work than the softer one for polishing. I'll have to be careful with the G6 but it should get the worst of it off quicker and then move to G3 and then Grunt oxidation remover before finishing off with a UV polish. Reckon I'm on target to finish this with around 70 hours elapsed time although it should go a little quicker now. Apologies for the crap photo.

17 hours.jpg

Archived