Southern 600

El Toro

Am just have a squizz to see what I can get up to to keep me away from my wife as much as possible over the summer and me thinks we might do the Southern 600 series this season.

Question is, who else thinks they'll be in to this series? Esp interested in any of the B div boats around the place?

I know B is getting some great close racing around the cans at the mo and has had a much needed surge in interest after the demise of A, be good to see if this can be carried into some of the longer stuff where we can all stretch our legs a little.

So, who thinks they might be doing this series?

Tomo

Love your attitude Tom!!!!

currently trying to talk hamish into getting the High Voltage doing the white island race, if that happens then it kind of makes sense to do the rest of the series, would be a good warm up for the next round north island fully crewed (wink wink nudge nudge hamish!)

although im not doing the winter series on the voltage, i agree over the last year or so the number of boats racing in B division has increased, with 5 x 1050's and a 10.5 now the racing is better than ever, more the merrier i reckon.

Just you wait D... no more mindless doof doof music getting played at all hours at home for you son!

Sweet I'll try and rustle up the PW boys and I sure Sharpie wont wanna be left swinging in the wind

I'm planning on getting Fineline out for all of the Goldcup and Southern 600 races so that will be at least one Y11. If we can drag out a few more of the Y11's to match the numbers of the 1050s then we could be in for some good racing.

Mr Roosevelt will be there. White Island will be sailed 2handed as qualifier for RNI race. Plan to be fully crewed for the other races in the series. I've sailed this series on other boats and can confirm it's a good time. :D

Archived