Holding Tank, Electic Toilet...looking for an Installer.

Thanks for all the great posts , on this unpleasant but necessary feature on boats these days.

I'd certainly like to view another 1020 (one only seen one 1020 ...our one !).

At HMB would be easy to do also. We aim to get our yacht to that Marina eventually , but it's a long wait list ....

OK, looks like you have it sorted ScottiE, just one thing. They ALL need a battery (boat's batt!) operated fan, solar is not sufficient! This is not an option!! (if you want odour free!). The vents do smell a bit - more like rotting vegetation than anything else, and it dissipates well in any sort of air stream. I would not put one in the cockpit - outside, on the deck is the deal - although some have put them in well vented lockers draining overboard.

The crank is detachable, but it is not moveable - to another angle. The only option is Left or right hand crank - can be specified at time of order.

also check out Farr1020.org.nz  next association outing is a picnic in Jan but there is some good info there,  if you a looking to see a normal 1020 then Farrari is a better option than Rawhide as we are one of the few with 2 quarter berths,  this year we combined BBYC and PHCC for a single race and had 10 of us out

Rawhide I am envious , the two quarter berth model sounds great. ! I have arranged to view FARRARI sometime this week coming , and Warwick from the 1020 Assoc has given me some good photos of his tank install. Once again , Crew . org is a fabulous resource.

The best thing since sliced bread!!!!! in regard to toilet paper, buy 'Checky Monkey" toilet paper no joke, you can find it in some supermarkets, it absolutely disintegrates when immersed in water and will not bloke the loo.

I have a Farr 1020 and have mounted the holding tank,specially made to fit, up under the anchor well, just a standard toilet, that empties by gravity to the seacock, I just added a shutoff valve at the toilet outlet, to be sure.

Give me a call 029 297 7705 if you need more info.