CIRCUMNAVIGATION INTERRUPTED DUE TO THE SUDDENLY DEATH OF THE OWNER.

^

but you can't bid on it.....

does it come with an angry ghost?

3 years of marina charges?

require removal of an incurable infectious disease?

probably just the starting bid?

Actually, this is not an uncommon issue. Often cruisers are out fulfilling a lifetime dream, and are retired. During out last offshore trip (a bit under 3 years)  I can recall at least three vessels this happened to - death of owner or a partner, resulting in the sale of the vessel offshore from their home country. Even more common is the diagnosis of a serious medical issue, requiring the return to home ASAP for treatment, also leading to the sale of the vessel offshore.

This can be really difficult, due to the location of the boat, and the additional stress on the remaining partner or family. Sad, but true. Another argument for go now!

Yes it is sad that dreams of sailing off into the Sunset are often shattered. Way back in CF days, we had a Guy trying to sell a Boat in Turkey. He was a Brother of a Woman who's Husband died on their Sunset journey. It was sad in what happened and all the drama of the aftermath. But the story had a side to it that to me anyway, was one of the funniest things I ever heard. They were a retired couple. They had a problem with their halyard and someone had to go up the mast. It was decided that it was best she winched Husband up as he would be better at solving the problem. So she winched him up and for Safety, He hooked on his harness to the mast. Where he then had a Heart Attack and died.....still tethered to the top of the Mast. She had to sail the boat for 2 or 3 days to Turkey and get help to get him down. It was so sad, but I kept on getting recolectio9ns of Weekend at Burney's every time I thought about it. Well hey, if it were me tethered to the Mast, I really hope someone would  see the funny side too.