New solo 24hr record - 785miles

Guest Crew.orgy

Is this ,," big balls" or just what you get with lot of money, great technology, and a huge fast light boat?

Sure you have to sail it. But if another Frenchman with smaller Kahuna's went bigger, lighter, with a boat that reached faster speeds, and the luck of good wind, would he not break the record?

This is a technology race more than a " big balls sailor race"

Just my humble opinion

Guest Crew.orgy

Is this ,," big balls" or just what you get with lot of money, great technology, and a huge fast light boat?

Sure you have to sail it. But if another Frenchman with smaller Kahuna's went bigger, lighter, with a boat that reached faster speeds, and the luck of good wind, would he not break the record?

Just my humble opinion

What is impressive is this boat averages what a foiling cat in the AC averages but without foils and at sea in open water.... with one crew.

The boat just might be the hero here?

Guest Crew.orgy

I think you will find that doing those speed in a boat that big is a lot easier than it looks. Especially with modern control systems. The dodgy AP is a bit interesting. Depends on model and fail safe settings.

Hats off though. He did it and it's really cool that one guy can go as fast as a AC cat with out all the hoopla and marketing hype!

I still am in awe of Francois Joyon, RTW single handed record of 57 days

http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/sports/fastest_round_the_world_sailing_world_record_set_by_Francis_Joyon_80127.htm

considering it is only 10 days less than the current fully crewed record, and on a rather smaller boat. I think it will stand for a long time

Guest Crew.orgy

I still am in awe of Francois Joyon, RTW single handed record of 57 days

http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/sports/fastest_round_the_world_sailing_world_record_set_by_Francis_Joyon_80127.htm

considering it is only 10 days less than the current fully crewed record, and on a rather smaller boat. I think it will stand for a long time

Yes that has some cred and is high on the testicular fortitude meter.

Absolutely. But just like say F1, it is a combination of technology and the Nut behind the Wheel. You need both and the technology has to be taken right to it's edge. If it were possible to get another Knot out of it,you can bet the Sailor would be trying. So when these Boats sit in the edge of performance, that is where the skill of the Skipper comes in.