Fein Multimaster

Fein had the patent on that type of tool until a few years ago, when that ran out all those renovator type tools popped up.

So its ' the original' in a way.

I have both battery and shore power models. The wired one is superior but the battery unit is still ok.

What has also changed is the tool head/ blade fitment, that used to be exclusive even after all the other brands copied the tool. I don't think a fein tool will fit any other brand , but I think Bosche fits it.

What they do have is the caulking reefing tool in various thickness, but they are really expensive ( like about 80 each) and you have to be quite careful with them, they break fairly easily. But they do do quite a good job of hauling that caulk out.

A mate of mine had a Fein well before the other brands flooded the market. I could never justify the expense of the Fein. But as soon as the others hit the market, I grabbed a B&D unit. I use it for heaps of things. They are great for what they are designed for. But the toothed blades are not the best. The teeth fall off or blunt quickly. You have to spend a bit to get good quality blades

Wheels,  what make of blade do you recommend... 

Don't mean to butt in here :)

Ask for commercial grade: not home handyman stuff. Bit of a difference in price but a better difference in quality IMO.

Wheels,  what make of blade do you recommend...

I only have the choice of M10 or Bunnings here. So I go for the best they have on the shelf. Which is usually Bosch I think. Their cheap nasty stuff doesn't last two seconds. B&D stuff is better, but not great. But the good cutters are stupid expensive from them. I probably need to go to Nelson and find a decent Tool shop.

I bought the B&D unit because I wasn't sure how much use the Tool would be too me. But once I started using it, I use it for darn near everything. I even built an entire Plywood Rack system for a Work Van with one. Cut sheets of Ply with it. It is fantastic on the boat.