spring regatta

i was on a ross 35 today, just past the noises doing 11-12kts with the masthead chute up then we heard a rather large bang. looked up, main was slack, mast had a horrible s bend in it and kite foot was nearly in the water. we got the kite down and i was sent up the rig in a 1m chop to cut the halyard so we could get the main down. looks like we broke the windward diamond then the backstay pulled the mast crane off. poorly taken pics whenever i can be f**ked putting them up

It's shallow over there. We got to .7m under the keel and crash tacked - but I was watching the depth gauge, plus I sailed there once in my Cherub and could remember how far out the tide goes

There was a new song on the radio at the time

Bohemian Rhapsody it was...........

What's the deal with running aground in the Gold Cup series?

Are you allowed to drop your sails, motor off the sticky bit, rehoist and finish?

The Richmond sailing insructions specifically allow it and for the spring regatta both sets of sailing instructions apply. I reported the incident in to the race officials and no action was taken.

It's shallow over there. We got to .7m under the keel and crash tacked - but I was watching the depth gauge, plus I sailed there once in my Cherub and could remember how far out the tide goes

There was a new song on the radio at the time

Bohemian Rhapsody it was...........

About 10 seconds before we hit the bottom I realized that one of the crew had switched the depth display over to read max speed. He had just got off the rail to change it back when we felt the first bump.

We followed river rebel in there and i didn't know that they had crash tacked to get out until I spoke to Karl at RYC last night. Unfortunately we draw 0.2m more.

Wal, how deep is the keel on demo?

Archived