Perfection two pot paint

I wouldn't go any less than two, if you are not changing the color it will cover with one but in my experience one coat will chip easily. I imagine you are asking because the price is eye wateringly expensive. We used the TransOmarine paint when painting our boat recently. Essentially the same stuff, 2 pack polyurethane and a lot cheaper. If you are brushing or rolling you need to get the brushing thinners with either product. https://www.protectivepaints.co.nz/product/03-43-polyurethane-gloss

Perfection normally goes over 2 coats of undercoat and IIRC that should go over 1-2 coats of Interprotect or sim. if its a repaint.  If you're rolling and tipping then you'll def. want to do a light sand between coats and so 2 coats would be the go.  

I painted Euphoria in this way outside at the Landing eons ago - the biggest drawback was my poor (eyesight and painting skill) painting white out in the sunshine.  It's probably too hot to paint outside now in anycase.

Thanks All - yes rolling and brushing white over badly faded white.

My C29 is painted with perfection , sprayed on with the recommended polyurethane undercoat, its a good product and the painter went around twice so yes two coats effectively. When all the cost and prep work is added up I figured it was worth paying someone to gun on the liquid gold.

Also, I'm Just putting it out there but every person in my local club without exception and including myself has experienced failure of  two part polyurethane when applied directly over epoxy undercoat (exterior finishes). Both wooden and fiberglass hulls were involved and based on non scientific observation there seemed to be some sort of interaction with the two products in the presence of UV. The topcoat degrades and goes slightly powdery then comes away after about three or four seasons. 

It really does pay to stick with the makers instructions with such expensive products.

Try united paints for an excellent 2 pack topcoat at half the price of perfection

.http://unitedpaints.co.nz/