It's sad for the boat but not the skipper.....

SloopJohnB

''I'm the first one to admit I make the occasional mistake but you have to put it in context. People are so keen to criticise, they need to look at the big picture. I'm out there taking risks. I'm pushing the limits and seeing what can be done.

''I do what no one else is doing. So I'd appreciate it if people would get off my case and give me some support.

''If you don't capsize, you're not trying hard enough. Go hard or go home, that's my motto. I'm always going hard. The sea by its very nature is unpredictable. I'm going through a never-ending learning curve. "

He needs to learn how to sail a boat properly first - wtf is he doing parking himself side on infront of the wave?

He was trying to sail along a wave by sitting side on in the surf waiting for it to smash him up. Well he knows what he's doing doesn't he?

If he'd really wanted to ride a wave, he should have sailed outside the breakers, built up some speed downwind then tightened up to follow the trough. There is a big difference between extreme and not knowing what you're doing.

I think that with so many call outs, he should be having to pay CG for their services. Not to mention that in doing so he is risking the lives of people other than himself.

cheers wheels and AA :thumbup:

yep, went racing and had a few rums. now, to prevent thread drift please enter text on my lonely birthday boy thread to keep the old fatr squid happy :wink:

Archived