Shore power connections

wheels

I see those double/triple plug dodackies in Bayswater a lot. Mind you they have added one or 2 more power plinths and I think adding more.

Interesting to see Bayswater breaking the rules yet insisting I get a EWOF for a boat that has zero 240V capability.

And you do have to laugh at the way it was promoted by the Marina Owner Ass. I've suss all the marinas in Akl and each is running different interpretations, ranging from very sensible to ludicrous. No two have the same rules.

And you do have to laugh at the way it was promoted by the Marina Owner Ass. I've suss all the marinas in Akl and each is running different interpretations, ranging from very sensible to ludicrous. No two have the same rules.

Also comes down to their individual level of grace vs defiance/belligerence in backing out of the original debacle. From Otto's posts, Westhaven seem to be very constructive, up here they are still sending out newsletters with the same photo of a boat being consumed by fire (in open water). :roll:

Wheels,, those leads are totally legal

It is just that some marina's are imposing additional requirements.

If they say it doesn't comply ask them what reg or standard and they need to quote the number, not the book.

Likewise an inspector as well.

Would not recommend using two RCD's or RCBO's in line at the same time though.

Ooops, looks like they might have to tighten up the Elctrical rules even further. A Boat on fire was towed into Waikawa yesterday or the day before. The dry exhaust was the problem. So obviously some pen pusher will tighten the rules for something else like Electrical or Registration or soemthing that won't mean didly squat to the fact that people put hot dry exhaust too close to bare timbers. That would never enter someones mind now would it.

Archived