CC _ The Start _ LIVE

Have just watched the start live from Chamonix/Mont Blanc in France, thanks. i sail it every year but this one we are on a family adventure in Europe, Jealous though as the race looks like a good one to be doing !

Mount Gay Rum had a great time out on the sponsors start boat this morning and missed the live feed completely. What a spectacular start! I hope you all enjoy lots of Mount Gay Rum this weekend, I know I will be!

Here's the story, we arrived at 9.15 to find the bookshop who were lending us electricity were closed. They arrived about 9.20, we hooked up , went on station and fired up the gear. Then the cameraman opened the laptop and the post it with a critical password blew away towards Bean Rock.

Damn

Frantic call to M'ship, he's racing and wouldn't answer the phone, but called back a few minutes later, He can't remember the password but will ring someone else.

We finally got a txt with the password about the 10 min gun, by which time I had received about 30 calls saying "why can't I see anything?".

So glad it all came good in the end.

Archived